MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Still at it !


I was scared at first. It got cold and the performance of my car went down hill. No way cold affects this that much.. I was thinking what a horrible mistake making this car. It was barley making the 35 mile a day trip now and I was too scared to run the heater. Then It warmed up and... I was still having problems... Then I stated testing everything and checking things out. There it was. Bad cell In one of the batteries. Must of happened on the first 32 degree night. Well now, one off colored battery latter and I am back in business. I guess In my original purchase of batteries the factory had ran out of red tops... So they put my batteries in black cases until they got the shipments in. well now if I get one replaced I get the red top batteries :)
I decided that the stink in the garage over time would rust my car and tools if I didn't do something about it. So I got a bathroom exhaust fan that moves 50 CFM of air. I decided to blow it out the soffet on the usually down wind side of my garage. I will find out tomorrow if It does good. I also got a 12 houre timer that I still need to wire in so I can just turn the dial and walk out and It will shut itself off.

No comments: