MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Fiero Headlights

Well not much news .. been really hot here and I been working. I got the right parts for the headlights and they work. Really nice feeling . I inspected the fron end and really only found a anti sway war loose. Brakes were in great shape. I found a place to get some angle Iron from, a place called Columbus Pipe. Great price of 19$ for 20 ft and 2 dollars to cut both pieces into 1/2. Been pricing wire, people are proud of this stuff like they mined it themselves. 75 feet is gonna cost me about 236$.

So here are some pictures.

Rebuilt headlamp motor:

Working headlamps:
And they go down on there own:


2 comments:

Fiero said...

Hi Larry,
I see that you got your headlights working fine. I have found something that you might be interested in. After reading your post about aerodynamics I was wondering how much change you saw with your lights up vs down. I put some headlights out of a 1990 grand Prix into the turnsignal pockets. then I used LEDs for turnsignals suspended infront of the lights. just an idea.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!