MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Friday, October 3, 2008

To Paktrakr or anyone that can fix this. help please.

My Paktraker is on the fritz. It does not read voltage steady. It isn't a reliable reading when the motor/controller is running. The pavk V/1 is all over the place. The Pack SOC does not seem to work at all. When It has started drooping all of a sudden it will reset to 100%.

Other questions I have are:
Can you set it to Not change to other Things IE: Alerts or SOC?
Can you make the light come on with a current Draw above XX.x A?
I think the SOC might fix itself after i get steady voltage.


Reply from Paktrakr:

Hi Larry,

This looks like a typical problem of electrical "noise" getting in to the PakTrakr data cables. This happens when the data cables (the gray cable between Remotes and between the last Remote and the Display) are run too close to the high-current battery cables, motor, controller, etc. Try relocating the data cables as far as possible from the noise sources. And don't under any circumstances run the data cables through the same bulkhead holes as high-current battery cables.

Ken Hall

Well I am going have to get it in the air to fix a place where I ran them together. The bad thing is I completely read the entire instructions before I installed. This would of been nice info before I started.

No comments: