MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

WOW ..All I can say is WOW


I finished the bottom of my car today and took it for a ride. WOW ... 40 amps to do 55 mph. Previously this was 55-60 amps. So then I got home and called my friend adam for some dinner. Afterwords we jumped on the freeway and jumped up to 65. 70 amps for what was 125 amps previously. I had no clue that aerodynamics were that hard on a EV. Here is a little video of 55 mph. Yes I have tested this going multiple directions on multiple roads.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Very nice! I'll have to try adding a belly pan to my car!

Anonymous said...

That's a very big improvement! One could argue that you fixed a serious design flaw in the Fiero... ;-)
Is there a difference in wind noise? I could imagine that that source of noise is reduced as well.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful conversion! Thanks!

What material did you use for your belly pan fabrication? Any help would be useful.

Thanks Duff Kindt

S-10 in process.

Larry said...

I used a material called corigated plastic. 4 mm thickness. there is no diference in wind noise If anything it is a bit quieter. feels more silid. Origionally the fiero needed lots of air. they were prone to catch on fire before all the fixes.