MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More materials

Needed some more raw materials for future projects ... I have come to realize that the fiero is not at all water tight and that I am going to have to protect some of the electronics from the elements. I wanted to get some corrugated cardboard for the belly pan and I also think it would work good for encasing the charger and motor controller from the rain. If I had put them in the trunk I wouldn't have this problem but I have been trying to keep enough trunk for groceries. I told my dad that when my friends stop buy we go get a 12 of beer and some snack food. Well I will drive the cool fiero so I wanted enough space for a 12 pack of something and 2 plastic bags of groceries. I did not want to stack them in my passengers lap.
I plan on covering the bottem of the car with the corrigated plastic to stop spashing and for the wind resistance. I also needed some angle Iron to make the heater core frame and to kinda restock some of the metal that I took from dads barn. Then I got a inline fuse for the contactors I added and a contactor for the Heater that I still need to find a place to run it from ... I want the heater to only run if the fan is on so it wont melt into a puddle of goo.
I am hopeing to get batteries buy friday and then I will be able to wire them and make interconnectors charge them and then hook up my packtraker system.
The only thing that I havent got is a pilot bearing. I will probably pull the fake motor this weekend and then I will have the measurments of the inner and outter of it ... Napa has then in a catalogue that lists the size. Hopefully I can match one up. Otherwise I will have to drill one to the propper inside dimention.

No comments: