MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sorry for the lack of bolging..

I been working hard really. First thing i did is finish the battery boxes ... ALL of them .... painted w/ hold downs and mounted in the vehicle. It really doesn't sound like much but the battery boxes were kinda a pain in the Butt!
Then I decided to mount the charger. It is going behind the drivers seat on the fire wall. I mount it with some carriage bolts and a little bracket at the bottom . The thing is, that there are 2 shifter cables and a throttle cable that come right out the center of the firewall and they don't flex really well so the charger is on the left of them and a battery is on the right. After that I decided to take a brake from mounting stuff and mount some other stuff. I haven't got to play with any of my gadgets or toys so I picked up the Paktrakr
and started reading the manual ... I decided that the front packs would be a great place for my final negative and my current loop. Also this would be a good place for a 8 pack sending unit. then i found a hole in the front cab wall and ran the wires in ... I had already disassembled the dash and it was all tore apart and I wanted to get it back together before I forgot everything about Its reassemble procedure. I removed the actual fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge. Then I drilled some holes in the cover and mounted the display. I really like how it looks.
Next project is The mounting platform for the Curtis and the contactors. I found a nice piece of galvanized metal that should be enough of a heat sync for the controller but would be easy enough to shape. I load my 4 batteries in the car where they will give me the shape of the platform . I start bending and cutting ... polishing and grinding ... I don't have a brake In the shop so clamp 2 angles on something and persuade it with a body hammer to make the bends. The piece of cardboard is the size of my Curtis controller and the 2 white things are my contactors. The silver thing is my pot box and the cable will come in from under the trunk hinge to mate up with it ... I got to find something square to make a bracket out of for the throttle cable. When all is don this will be mounted solid and painted gray like my racks.