MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Spring Spacers VS Batteries

And the Winner is... Spring spacers... These little pieces of rubber that I got from Jeggs for 12.99 each. The only problem is that they are a bit difficult to put in on the small springs. On something with larger springs they wouldn't be that hard to put on but the springs on the Fiero are small. Dad and I had to remove the lower ball joint and take the pressure off of the springs so that we could get them in. I hope they dont stiffen the spring rate too much or too little. See the picture below for the before image.
I also wired some of the batteries. The crimper worked well and I hope that I have enough cable ... 60 ft

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I think nice post. Especially the title attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.