MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13,2008 cutting away stuff

Well with the sub frame clean and almost done it was time to start on other areas. First I removed the plastic that holds the spare tire and cleaned the front area up real well. After that I decided to remove some Excess metal and maybe make room for 2 more batteries. The goal is to have a Slightly usable trunk area. If i got to the store with a friend i don't want to stack groceries on top of them.


First was the metal cover over the gas filler and air intake.
Before:
After:

Then there was the rusty Battery Tray that had to go:

Before:
After:

Then I disassembled the leaky CV boot for repair tomorrow. I also got a little excited and put power to the System to see how much it would freak out without a motor. Actually there were no problems that I could find. So then I got all excited and put in my Headlamp relay and watched the one headlight go up and down. Those of you that don't have a Fiero don't understand the Challenges that are Headlights.

Well I also attached the the 2nd headlight and looked at the Charger. It was drawing 32A at 12v. So a little math and with headlights and heater fan running +20% for the converter It should be under 4A off of the 120v system. Then i realized that I have the Watts of the heater, 1500. Through the power of Ohms Law It should draw 12.5A off of the 120v system bringing the Grand total with Lights, Fan and Heater on to 16.5 A from the 120v system. The only thing I haven't calculated is the draw of the contractors.

No comments: