MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lots of work . I took friday off.


Well it was easy so I went ahead and hooked up the vacuum pump and tank system. You can see the pump on the right fender, the bolts actually go into the wheel area but that wont be a problem ... then the vacuum canister is mounted to the front cross member... I don't know the quality of it seeing how the gauge read 5hg when i got it. But it will tell me if it is shutting off at the same place every time. The switch is mounted to the canister but i haven't wired it yet. The canister has a check valve in it like the check valve in the brake booster. I have always hated the fact that you need to have a pump for the brakes to be assisted. They make too much noise for a "silent" car. But power brakes on a heavy car is nice.
Then I decided to tackle the big monster rack above the motor . It holds 5 batteries 2 one way then 2 the other then one again . I ran some angle across the front and back of the engine compartment then I started building the boxes form the back up. everything was going fine . Then I tried to add the double tray on the front. I went to put it back in the car and There was no way it would fit . I tried and tried probably for 15 min. So I had to cut off 2 inches of bars and make the front bar detachable. Everything worked out fine just more welding and cutting than I expected.
Little things got in the way ... I had to remove the pins from the springs of the deck lid and replace them with bolts.



No comments: