MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

PARTS!

Last night at work I get a voice mail from Dad. There is a box of parts here. So I wake myself as early as possible. Then I actually get out of bed at 10:30 . I head out to the parents house to find a box of goodies. Carry it out to the barn and start disassembling.. I spread them out on the table and check the packing slip ... all there except for the motor and controller that are on back order. Heater, contacts, vacuum pump and the 100% useful part... the motor adaptor. first thing I notice. the pilot bearing is the wrong size. I kinda wondered because this is not a S-10 and the adapter is for a S-10. Not a problem I just need the pilot bearing out of the motor I just sold. @#$%^@... Oh well, I guess I will need to go to the dealership to get one. Then the adaptor that I always envisioned as Stamped steel Is actually 1/2 thick cast aluminum. Then I put it down there to see how it fits and It doesn't ... I have a CV joint where what looks like a 2nd starter hole would be on a overseas reverse steering Chevy would have one. So immediately I grab the jig saw and start cutting on my $800+ adapter plate .... All ends well and I mount the Cardboard mock up motor provided buy Bob in Dayton. Then I had to run home due to a prior obligation. I am so happy that I finally have other stuff to do that destroy my interior.

No comments: