MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lots of work this week and weekend.

Well I haven't updated this week because I think I was frustrated due to the lack of parts that I was told would ship. But I made up for it Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

First there was the Stereo. The old dash speakers sounded horrible so Adam found me a pair of acceptable 6x10's at the Anderson's. When I took It apart I was surprised that they had been replaced before. and then that they were in horrible condition for being replaced before. When I took them out I found that someone was fond of medical tape for electrical work and did not own a Soldering iron or cutting and stripping tools. Please, please don't let kids wire your car. You will get stuff like this.


Well the tape deck was just not gonna cut it so I took a older cd player I had out of a S-10. It fit great and everyone was happy :). Sounds great.

Next was some battery boxes. I cut out the original battery box to make room for a pack battery and I also took out the Fuel filler tube cover and air intake cover to make room for a pack battery on the left . Then a 3 battery tray in the trunk and I am at a standstill until i get some parts.



I have a mock motor that will bolt onto my adapter and allow me to make motor mounts and then eventually the final box above the motor.


I also took off the Oil pressure and Volt gauge off of the top of the center console. I will mount my PackTrkr there and a digital 12v gauge



No comments: