MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

BUGS OUT!

Today I finally got 90% of the bugs out. the major bug was the vibration. So I dissembled the tranny again and finally found the problem. It seem that until 87 that v6 2.8l Chevy engines were externally balanced. This meant the fly-wheel had some extra weight on one side to balance the engine. now that I have a perfectly balanced motor instead of a engine the extra weight makes vibration.This is a little video of the removal of the tranny and motor ... I sped it up. In the middle We went out to get the part machined. I have pictures of that also but i seem to left my cable at the barn.
My clutch still does not work and I still need to adjust the parking brake a bit. but many ev owners do clutch less conversions so it isn't a big deal. Just sometimes it is a job getting 3620 lbs moving and I might want to use first and quick shift to 2nd to get into traffic.. and right now without a clutch that isn't possible. Oh yea the video was actually 7 hrs 1 min with a lunch/ machine shop trip that was cut out.

No comments: