MY EV , 85 electric fiero

MY EV , 85 electric fiero
A conversion of a gas engine powered car to 100% plug in electric.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today I drove MY EV!

Sorry for the lack of video but today I installed my Curtis controller and went out and found some bugs with the car. But first the good news. After the initial oops Dad and I took a little trip. From Harrisburg to Grove City Autozone in Grove City. 10.7 miles there and 10.7 miles back. We had also been tooling up and down the street all day. It was pretty amazing. Rt 62 is 55 mph street and it was doing it easy. I am impressed with my little car.
Now the bad news. The transmission was moving too much forward and back when you put too much power to it. Dad came up with a unique way to put a mount in to stop it from working the mounts. We got that done but the camera was out of memory. The right front wheel was dragging a bit causing some extra draw on the motor ... I think I need to clean the bolts that mount the caliper on the right front brake. I need to adjust the parking brake some more and I think It will be road worthy.

No comments: